An individual who can show that they meet the conditions listed below after making application for apprenticeship will be afforded an oral interview by the JATC. If interviewed the applicant will be listed among those applicants qualified for selection for a period of two calendar years from the date of the interview. First, check to make sure you are in our Jurisdiction!
To Qualify for an Interview and Ranking The Applicant Must:
- Complete an application form at time of application.($25.00 application fee)
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Be at least a high school graduate, or have a GED, or have a two year associate degree or higher.
- Provide an official transcript for high school and post high school education and training. Or, provide an official copy of the GED score page. Faxed copies are not accepted. NOTE: OFFICIAL MEANS IN A SEALED ENVELOPE FROM THE SCHOOL. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
- Submit a DD214 to verify military training and/or experience if they are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training.
- Obtain a qualifying score of '4' or higher using the electrical trade's aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institute for Research.
- Present Evidence that they possess a valid driver's license.
- Prior to being indentured, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Prior to being indentured, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants may be required to provide results of a physical examination and a drug test as decided by the JATC.
- Individuals who can verify (proper documentation required) that they have worked a minimum of four-thousand (4,000) hours specifically in the electrical construction trade, do not have to meet the requirements of items (3) and (6).
- An electrical constuction employee of a nonsignatory employer, not qualifying as a Journeyman when the employer becomes signatory, shall be evaluated by the JATC,using consistent, standard, nondiscriminatory means, and indentured at the appropriate period of apprenticeship based on previous work experience and related training.
- Transfer of Apprenticeship-Direct Entry. In order to transfer an apprenticeship, the apprentice's sponsoring JATC must agree to the transfer and the receiving JATC must also agree to the transfer.
- Individuals who sign an authorization card during an organizing effort-wherein 50% or more of the employees have signed authorization cards, whether or not the employer becomes signatory-and is an employee of the non-signatory electrical contractor and does not quality as a Journeyman, shall be evaluated by the JATC and indentured at the appropraiate period of apprenticehip.
- School-To-Registered-Apprenticeship (STRA) - Individuals applying for the School-To-Registered-Apprenticeship program shall be interviewed and selected by the JATC. Eligible students must go
through the regular selection procedure.
Applicants selected for apprenticeship shall be employed only with participating (signatory) employers upon becoming indentured. All selected applicants being offered an apprenticeship, but prior to indenture, will qualify on a drug-screen test. Cost of the test to be borne by the selected applicant.